01 Aug Open Position: Permaculturist, Trees, Shrubs and Vines
Permaculturist specializing in Fruiting Trees, Shrubs and Vines
The ideal candidate will have a background in the field of horticulture or silviculture and hands-on experience in the cultivation of fruiting trees, shrubs, and vines, including hops. A working knowledge of permaculture principles and organic growing techniques preferred. Experience in establishing an orchard a plus. Knowledge of farm machinery including the safe operation of chainsaws helpful.
This position will report to the farm manager. Requirements include clean driving record, three recommendations including one from a previous employer. Pay commensurate with qualifications.
- Organic cultivation of fruiting trees, shrubs and vines;
- Manage fruit harvest including processing for wholesale distribution;
- Maintain inventory of fruit products for sale;
- Interact on occasion with the public during educational workshops;
- Assist with maintenance of permaculture and herb gardens, as needed;
- Other farm-related duties, as needed.
Please send a resume, cover letter and recommendations to email@example.com.
Part-time, seasonal position with the possibility of extension, located in Boxford, MA. Equal-opportunity employer.