10 Dec ifarm Field Crew
Seasonal, May to October
Full-time, 30-40 hrs. per week (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or as needed)
About the farm:
ifarm LLC is a restored 19th-century farmstead located 30 minutes north of Boston. Our mission is to create a more appreciative and nurturing community with the help of nature. Our farm has an extensive half-acre, professionally designed permaculture garden, home to over 200 species of organically certified herbs, fruits, nuts, and vegetables. We also have a half-acre field of organically certified flowers and medicinal herbs and a hop yard of 120 mature crowns.
ifarm LLC is seeking a motivated individual to assume responsibility for general farm-related tasks, including garden bed and field row prep, planting, transplanting, watering, weeding, maintaining paths, harvesting and processing herbs, flowers, fruit, nuts and hops; fulfill orders, package and ship product; maintain tools and equipment. The work may also involve creative projects such as preparing flower bouquets or packaging herbs. The work will vary day to day and will be physically demanding.
A typical day might involve harvesting herbs for three hours, processing/drying herbs for an hour, mulching a garden path for two hours, logging garden data for half an hour and creating flower bouquets for an hour.
ifarm highly values teamwork and a positive attitude. In this position, you will learn about permaculture along with growing, harvesting, and processing of medicinal and culinary herbs, fruit, nuts, flowers and hops. Candidates must be capable of working alone, self-directed at repetitive tasks, be proactive in asking questions, and be prepared to work in extreme weather. Experience in physical jobs is a plus. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience in permaculture, farming, and/or physical and repetitive work.
- Participate eagerly in day to day farm and garden operations;
- Help harvest and process plant material as directed;
- Maintenance and cleaning of tools and workspaces;
- Recording of, and adhering to, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and organic certification processes routinely.
- Ability to perform strenuous farm tasks and lift 40 lbs. routinely;
- Tractor-driving experience a plus;
- Permaculture certification not required but preferred;
- Reliable transportation with clean driving record; CORI mandatory;
- Commitment to the entire season;
- Experience in permaculture and soil building practices;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions- cold, heat, rain;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team and to take instruction;
Base salary of $15/hr, with increases commensurate with work experience.
You will learn from the gardeners themselves and expand your knowledge of the principles and practices of permaculture, organic farming and the production of wholesale organic herbs and flowers.
To learn more about ifarm, you can explore our website. Please forward your resume with three references and a letter of interest describing your candidacy by email to email@example.com.